Saturday, 18 October 2014

Three down two to go more up cycle projects.

Hello Everyone,
I'm working my way thru a few cane pieces and giving them a new life.
Hopefully someone will want to enjoy them in their home.
Lots of paint in lovely bright colours and loads of vintage sheet fabrics.
The first two are in lovely lime green and pink and then I decided to do a fire engine red cane table .
Next I have started a turquoise blue two seater couch and a canary yellow child's chair.
So I have taken them to the Vintage shed to see how they go I'm hoping people will like the new spring colours.
Cheerio Lyn.

Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Spring cane furniture upcycle.

Hi Folks,
As I sit here writing to you covered in various colours of spray paint,you will realise our winter is pretty much over and we in the Southern Hemisphere are embracing SPRING !
So it's time to create, paint ,sew and generally make stuff.
So this week I am attempting to revitalise an old retro cane setting.
So clearly there is lots of spray painting involved as well as covering the old cushions with vintage sheet patchwork.
So here is the first cab off the rank!
So the next chair is pink and the two seater is going to be turquoise they should look quite colourful together.
Cheerio Lyn

Tuesday, 14 October 2014

More upcycling projects

Hello everyone,
I came across a plastic coated apron at the opp shop the other day and I bought it without a plan in mind.
It was clearly a tourist gift from London with the underground depicted on it and I've fond memories of the London Underground when I visited as a teenager.
I recall it had wooden escalators back then with long rides to the platforms ,as we in Melbourne did not have an underground system then.
Anyway my beloved came home with an odd stool from hard Rubbish ( curb side pickup )and said do you want it! Hell yes I replied I have a great project in mind.
So I stripped off the old cover and found the foam was in pretty good condition,there was no weird
smells so on to the next step.
Next I used the old top as a pattern drew around it with a texta and measured the side strips and cut 
Them both out.Then I sewed the whole lot together making certain that they were double stitched the ends .next I used a glue gun to fold and attach the top to the base. I think it turned out quite well.

Cheerio Lyn 

Monday, 13 October 2014

Things I have been up to lately.

Hi Everyone,
It's been a long time since I posted last,the black dog has been following me along with computer malfunctions and a lack of enthusiasm for life generally.
So I'm looking for new collections a day to start up again,and slowly getting things together and starting to remember stories.
What I have also been doing is some more up cycling with old cigarette tins and bits and pieces that I have found along the way.
I suppose I call them story tins.
They involve a story from the photos that I find at estates and then they work from there and become an occasion or memory in these people's lives,who I don't know and have never met .

So I hope you like this idea,I have given a few away to friends who needed cheering up and the rest have gone to my new stall at the Hayshed at the Packinghouse complex in Tyabb.

Cheerio all Lyn